In this issue we report how Alnylam Pharmaceuticals’ Amvuttra will provide a more convenient alternative to patients of hATTR amyloidosis due to its long-acting effects, and the FDA approval of Amvuttra will strengthen Alnylam’s position in the RNAi therapeutics space. Amvuttra is currently under review by the European Medicines Agency, the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency and the Japanese Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency. Given the positive clinical trial results from the HELIOS-A study and high unmet need in the hATTR amyloidosis space, we expect approvals of Amvuttra in the EU, Japan and Brazil to soon follow.
At the start of the year, we outlined our key themes for the Pharmaceuticals industry in 2022, including our view that Biowearables would go mainstream. At the mid-year point, we review how this view is playing out.
Other top stories include:
- ReCode Closes USD200mn In Series B Financing Round For Next-Gen Lipid Nanoparticle Delivery Platform
- Mindset Pharma Develops Novel Intranasal Formulation Technology To Deliver Improved CNS Penetration Of Psychedelic Drugs
- Omega Earns FDA Approval For IND Of Its OTX-2002 For HCC Treatment
- Tandem Presents Promising Data From CLIO Study Of t:slim X2 Insulin Pump With Control-IQ Technology At ADA Session
- First Patients Enrolled In ASCEND Phase-III CI Trial OF TMB-001