Emerging Markets Key Themes in 2022: Measuring Shock From Ukraine
Thursday, 12th May 2022
14:30 London BST | 09:30 New York EDT
This webinar will cover key economic and political events in 2022.
It will focus on how the war in Ukraine is having direct and indirect impacts on commodity markets, international trade, and economic activity across the EM world.
Topics covered will include:
- War in Ukraine: Our core scenario, and other likely outcomes
- Food Prices & Inflation: How the Ukraine war has added to inflationary pressures, and what it means for monetary policy
- Sanctions on Russia: The impact on the international metal market
- Economic Growth in 2022: Will the Ukraine war derail the global economy’s post-Covid recovery?
- China: What is next for the world’s largest EM?
Emerging Markets Economist
John Ashbourne is a senior economist covering emerging markets for Fitch Solutions. He was previously the head of African economics at Capital Economics.
THIS COMMENTARY IS PUBLISHED BY FITCH SOLUTIONS COUNTRY RISK & INDUSTRY RESEARCH and is NOT a comment on Fitch Ratings' Credit Ratings. Any comments or data are solely derived from Fitch Solutions Country Risk & Industry Research and independent sources. Fitch Ratings analysts do not share data or information with Fitch Solutions Country Risk & Industry Research.