Global Macroeconomic Update
Wednesday, 30th March 2022
Webinar | 14:30 London BST | New York 09:30
The webinar will provide an overview of the global economy and our key forecasts and themes for the remainder of 2022. There will be a special focus on the implications of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Topics covered will include:
- Our growth forecasts for the global and regional economies as well as commodity prices.
- The impact of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine for the wider economy, looking at channels such as growth, inflation and geopolitics.
- A focus on monetary policy across both developed and emerging markets.
- Growth outperformance across emerging markets as well as downside growth risks.
- Implications of recent and upcoming key elections.
- Key risks to watch.
Global Head of Country Risk
Cedric Chehab is the Global Head of Country Risk at Fitch Solutions where he helps ensure the coherence of global macro and country risk strategy. Currently based in Singapore, Cedric previously served as Head of Asia Research, where he was responsible for all Asia-based country risk analysis and industry research. Before that he was Head of Americas Research, based in New York. From 2008 to 2010, Cedric worked in London as Head of Commodities Research and Strategy. He has also worked in management consulting at Accenture. Cedric holds an MSc in Economic History from the London School of Economics and a BA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from the University of Essex.