Key Global Macroeconomic Themes For 2022
Tuesday, 14th December 2021
Webinar | 08:00 London GMT | 16:00 Singapore SGT | 17:00 Tokyo JST
This webinar will cover the major global macroeconomic themes that the Fitch Solutions Country Risk team expect to play out over the course of the next year.
Topics covered will include:
- The global growth outlook, with a focus on the sharp slowdown in China
- Our expectations for an asymmetric recovery for the global tourism sector
- The outlook for inflation, monetary policy normalisation and risks to watch
- Challenges that EM policymakers will face given rising political risk and growth challenges.
- Geopolitics with a focus on US-Iran and US-China relations, as well as the US midterms and China’s 20th Party Congress
Global Head of Country Risk
Cedric Chehab is the Global Head of Country Risk at Fitch Solutions where he helps ensure the coherence of global macro and country risk strategy. Currently based in Singapore, Cedric previously served as Head of Asia Research, where he was responsible for all Asia-based country risk analysis and industry research. Before that he was Head of Americas Research, based in New York. From 2008 to 2010, Cedric worked in London as Head of Commodities Research and Strategy. He has also worked in management consulting at Accenture. Cedric holds an MSc in Economic History from the London School of Economics and a BA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from the University of Essex.